Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Where's Spring... only the Ground Hog knows!!?

Winter seems to be taking it's toll on everyone around me this year, I refuse to think my advancing years have anything to do with my sluggish creativity...after all, one's Muse must be forever young of heart & spirit, so I'm expecting to just shake it off and get back to ARTing my days away 'til spring!!  

Lucky for me,  I found some much needed inspiration in the form of a couple art swaps on Atc's for All... I have been having to step back a bit due to an aggravating injury to my right hand that is limiting my ability to accomplish some tasks. My biggest frustration is that my Janoodlin' days are over for awhile, I simply can't hold my trusty magic pen with fingers in splints... on a brighter side and much to my surprise, I have managed to still do many other things at a much slower pace & fumbling along with my left hand... where there's a will, there's a way!!

Just a quicky Show & Tell for today...  Fabulous Flowers Swap! The challenge is to create paper flowers that can be mailed out flat, the recipient can then add stems & fluff up to display as a bouquet in a vase... a touch of color to keep us going until Spring!! 

I chose to create mine with brightly colored tissue paper in a variety of color schemes... the technique of collaging tissue with mixed media paper sandwiched in the center of the layers makes the petals strong yet flexible... the petals can easily be curled to give a 3-dimensional effect when displayed.

Pictured below are templates that I made for the basic shapes and my stash of tissue paper... add a little glue & the magic happens!! 

Templates - cut out your mixed media
paper to cover with tissue paper

My Stash - use colors of your choice!  

Old Family Recipe!
Equal parts glue/medium or ? - experiment!
(Water as needed to thin)


Voila... my finished posies! 






Thanks for stopping by, until next time...
Blessings & Happy ARTing!!


1 comment:

  1. They turned out so beautiful. I gave it a try this past few days off that I had...mine didn't turn out so good! LOL! So, i'll have to start over.

    ...using your non dominate have to create art...actually gives you some cool results. i like to do it on purpose at times...just because :)

    ReplyDelete