Wednesday, October 4, 2017

"On the Road Again"... finale!!

In this final installment of my Island Hopping Adventure we find ourselves back in Washington State to explore the San Juan Islands. 

Ferry to Anacortes... Mt. Rainier in background

As usual and especially while traveling, I tend to look at all of my surroundings through the eyes of an artist... the new scenery, new communities, artwork and music by local artists, regional cuisine... for me, inspiration lies around every corner!  The photos below represent a variety of subjects that caught my interest along the way...   

Anacortes, Fidalgo Island... sampling of community art installations 





 This piano is part of an art competition, each decorated by local artists
several are on display along the main street

Deception Pass State Park...  
Bridge connecting Fidalgo & Whidbey Islands
                  

Silly Selfie - Bridge in the background


Whidbey Island & San Juan Island... 
      highlights of Coupeville, Oak Harbor, Fort Ebey, Friday Harbor








Best Homemade Potato Chips EVER... YUM!!

All journeys, no matter how enjoyable, must come to an end...  so, it's homeward bound for us! Leaving the islands, we headed east on the "North Cascades Highway"... you'll see from the photos below that I tried to capture just how beautiful and picturesque this area is... but, I recommend seeing it for yourself... you won't be disappointed! 

Skagit River - North Cascades National Park
Skagit River Gorge
Diablo Lake - gorgeous green color
View of the Glacier Peaks above Diablo Lake
North Cascades Mountain Range
Another wonderful view around every curve!
... and another!
Mural in Winthrop, WA
Cowboy Bronze in Winthrop
  
 Thank you for popping in & sharing my travel memories...
Hope you enjoyed tagging along!!

Until next time, Happy (ART) Trails!!
 

5 comments:

  1. I've been to Whidbey Island...but it was years and years ago...So beautiful! Seems like you've found every awesome thing there is to see! Great selfie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mel... I'm not sure why I actually posted my selfie... usually I hide in photos! 😄

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful time we have had! Thank you so much for sharing. I will never be able to visit places like this and really appreciate you bringing them to me.
    Thanks again.
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sooo very happy that you enjoyed the trip... thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete