Monday, October 2, 2017

"On the Road Again"... part I

Autumn has always been my favorite time of the year for heading out on a road trip, this year was no exception. After the past few months, I was ready for a change of scenery as well as some free time to smooth my very ruffled feathers! My friend and travel companion, suggested our destination... living in Eastern Washington, neither one of us had ever traveled across British Columbia, Canada to the western coast or had visited Victoria on Vancouver Island. Since we were going to be so close, it only made sense that we would also travel from there to the San Juan Islands of Washington. 

Our Island Hopping Adventure was just what the doctor ordered... picturesque scenery around every curve of the road as well as local communities where ART is actually considered a resource... the perfect prescription for a wonderful holiday!

The photos below are just a few highlights from our journey... 

Our first day on the road ended in the small town of Hope, BC... their quaint historic downtown streets are lined with several Chainsaw Sculptures... they have an annual competition & the city purchases the winning sculpture for their permanent collection. Here are only a few...




Next stop Vancouver Island... after a wonderful ferry ride, we landed at Sidney-by-the-Sea, our home base for the 5 days that we were on the island! Sidney has a Waterfront Sculpture Walk next to the harbor for all to enjoy! In addition, they showcase several bronze sculptures of figures seated on park benches placed throughout the downtown area.  Here are a few of my favs...






City utility boxes & trash dumpsters are all painted or covered in photo wraps.

A Relief/Mural of the island's "First Peoples"
 
The Butchart Gardens were one of the main attractions that we planned to see... we were not disappointed! Whether or not flowers excite you, the colorful beauty of your surroundings cannot be ignored... a true feast for the eyes!  

These photos really don't do the gardens justice... unfortunately, my camera battery lost it's charge (do to operator error!) and my extra charged batteries were left in my hotel room (again, my error!)!

If you are ever in the area, I recommend that you treat yourself to a visit and see it for yourself...








 To be continued...

Thanks for popping in, I hope that you will soon check in again...
There's more to come from my autumn adventure!

Until then, Blessings to One & All!!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pictures! My family and I were planning to visit Canada as well. Did you need passports to enter there? We need to get ours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete