Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Time keeps on tickin' tickin' tickin'...


Just a little post holiday Show & Tell to share today... I'm sure that I have one thing in common with all of you fellow artists out there, we love to create one of a kind Christmas gifts for our family & friends! Through the years they have come to be expected by everyone I know, but I wasn't so sure that my creations were really something they looked forward to (kind of like that dreaded fruitcake that keeps getting passed around)... so, a few years ago I decided to whittle down my gift list to a few diehard fans of my ART!

This year, one of my friends created a new craft room in her home... it is the first time she has ever had a designated place all of her own to create in, HGTV would use a popular phrase like an "ART-cave", but I'm an old fashion kind of gal, I still call it a studio! She mentioned one day that she loses track of time when she's in there working on a project and thought that she needed a clock to help bring her back into the real world! That's all that I needed to hear... the perfect gift and a new "untried" challenge for me... I will make her a clock for Christmas!!

After thinking about it, I decided on a simple "combo" design using porcelain components added to an acrylic base where the clockworks would be attached.  

So, a trip to the local glass shop to acquire a piece of acrylic... surfed the net, clockworks ordered... it's time to pound some clay!!

 This is where the "Magic" happens - (too tidy? yes, a "before" pic)

Below pic... the naked porcelain components before being decorated.

Bisque-fired and fresh from the kiln

Below pic: My friend loves any & all shades of the color purple as well as polka dots... so, to me there was only one way to go... along with a few bright accent colors to pull it all together... a clock was born!!

Voila.. finished clock hanging in it's new home!

Thanks for taking the TIME to stop by!
 Until next time... Happy ARTING!!
 

1 comment: