Tuesday, September 19, 2017

The "Prodigal Blogger" returns!

I find it really hard to believe that it's been five months since I've been here with you?!  The details aren't necessary but a lot has happened in my little corner of the world that needed my full attention and energy... the good news is that with the onset of Autumn, it feels like a little bit of "normal" is returning daily!!

In this last month, I did manage to find some inspiration in the form of an AFA Swap being held by one of my favorite hostesses... as soon as I received her invitation, I couldn't resist signing up! "Funky Fridge Magnets" seemed just up my artistic alley and I was longing to indulge myself with some much needed artwork. However; as time went on, I wasn't sure that I would be able to muster up the spark of creativity needed to follow through with my commitment. Just when I was resigned to withdraw from the swap, something clicked, finally I was off & running... in the end, I managed to meet the deadline!  

I chose to create my magnets from porcelain clay. After the bisque firing, I was in a bit of a time crunch so instead of needing another firing to glaze them, I decided to finish them with acrylic paints & a protective clear topcoat.  

Below are photos of my magnets, both when bisque fired and completed. 





Completed "Funky Fridge Magnets"

Well, it's wonderful to be back!
I hope you'll once again pop back on occasionally to see what's new...
Until then... Happy ARTing!!



  

1 comment: