When it comes to presents, the first thing anyone looks at is the wrapping... for me, it's an essential part of the gift giving experience and a perfect opportunity to get a little creative!!
There are definitely an abundance of beautiful wrapping papers and gift bags available for purchase, all designed to guarantee a lovely presentation under anyone's Christmas tree!
Today's Show & Tell is meant to jump start your own creative juices with a fun and easy project that is equally easy on the pocketbook!!
I purchased some plain white and kraft paper gift bags at our local Dollar Store, depending on the size you choose, they come in bundles of 2 or 3 for $1.00.
These bags are a perfect canvas for creating unique designs using your own favorite mediums. In my examples, I have used a variety of supplies and methods... don't hold back, let yourself experiment a bit and above all else... have some fun!!
- Polka Dots - acrylic paint applied with round sponges: Circles were made using "medication lids" as stamps on an ink pad
- Original design hand-carved stamps (except letters) w/ ink pad
- Pine Needle Sprig imprint using acrylic paint w/ Micron details - hand carved stamp bow - bubble wrap Gelli print background
- Evergreen Sprig imprint using acrylic paint w/ Micron details - hand carved stamp bow - bubble wrap Gelli print background
- Christmas Trees - Hand carved stamps w/ acrylic paint - gold & white marker accents - rolled acrylic paint background
|Original "Gift Bags" ready to pass out!|
Thanks for stopping by...
"A little ART each day keeps the Doctor away!! "
Until next time... Blessings to one & all!!