Friday, May 6, 2016

Great People + Great ART = Great FUN!!

Whoa, whatever happened to April? It seems that it has come & gone without this absent blogger giving it even the slightest bit of acknowledgement... I thought about coming on to post an exciting tale of intrigue & mayhem to explain where I've been, but I guess that a big fat lie would not turn "two wrongs into a right"... In actuality, life just got in the way!

Let's start off with a little recap... in one of my last posts, I mentioned that I was preparing to go to an artist gathering in Seattle, Washington aptly named SeARTle 2016. I'm happy to report that I did indeed travel across the state last week-end to meet up with fellow "AFA" members and that I enjoyed myself completely! It was indeed a pleasure to meet so many talented artists that I had traded artwork with during these past 3 years as well as having the chance to  watch them in action as they worked in their own unique styles... I picked up some wonderfully creative tips that I definitely plan on trying out!! 

Almost immediately upon arrival, the trading began... at times it felt like the action became as frenzied as one would imagine the "trading floor" at the Stock Exchange on Wall Street to be like!! Artwork changing hands, right & left... deals being made for future trades and negotiations for "on the spot creations"... the only thing missing was a "closing bell" at the end of the day!!

I managed to score some wonderful works of art... (I didn't dare leave them lying around for fear that they would be swept away in all of the excitement!!) 
Below are pics of my "Treasured Trades", (all works are copyrighted by each individual artist...  not to be reproduced without permission!)

Feathers, Domi-Book, Fingerling, Hearts, ATC's & SeARTle Block Print

USK tip-in pages - approx. 3 3/4" X 5 3/4"
 
Thank you for stopping by, until next time...
Happy ARTing & Blessings to All!!
 

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you had such a great time. One day I'll make it out to Seartle too. I love all of your trades...so wonderful to see them all together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fabulous time! Thanks for sharing piccys of all your trades.

    ReplyDelete