Thursday, January 7, 2016

Put your best ART forward, the rest will follow!

Just a quickie Show & Tell for today... In my last post I mentioned an AFA swap for Two Sleeve Art Dolls that I have found difficult to muster up any inspiration for completing! I have made them in the past for other swaps but to be honest they have always been a huge challenge for me... Faces & Figures are definitely not my forte but I keep trying to stretch myself by stepping out of my comfort zone in hopes that someday I will improve!! As they say, "Rome wasn't built in a day" but then again, they also say "Don't beat a dead horse!" (by the way, just who are "they" that know so much!!) 

Finally, I came up with my plan... compromise, it seemed the only way to get past this immediate creative block! I opted to do what I do best, with an added face... meet my "Janoodlettes" (sounds like they could actually be back-up singers, maybe even for Lady Gaga)  or possibly they are "Cocoon Coquettes" (wrapped up tight, just waiting to emerge in all of their glory)... there's one thing that I have learned as an artist; no matter what you intended to create, there is no guarantee anyone else sees it the same way and that's just fine with me!

Janoodle Dollies  -  Jacquard Dyes w/Ink

To "ART" each day, 
keeps the Doctor away!!

Until next time, Blessings to you all!!

1 comment:

  1. I'd love to spend a day of doodling with you. I wanna see how your work is done. They are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete