Saturday, December 12, 2015

Judge a "gift" by it's cover... it's a package deal!

I do realize that today's Show & Tell is not a very original idea for holiday gift giving, but... Hand Painted Wrapping Paper gives any artist the opportunity to showcase their own uniqueness of style in a fun & useful way! 

No matter how you choose to create your wrapping paper designs, the first thing you need is "paper" to create on... many artists like to use brown kraft paper or white butcher's paper, but you are not limited to a "blank page"... for an economical & eco-friendly choice, recycle your morning newspaper into a creative mixed media work of art!! 

Next, let's create... when it comes to supplies for this project, anything goes!! Watercolors, acrylics, markers, colored pencils, stamps with ink... just let your imagination loose with your favorite medium!! There are no rules but one... HAVE FUN!!

I know you get the idea, but just to give your creative juices a jump start, I want to share a couple examples that I had fun making! This time, I started with an actual roll of plain white wrapping paper that I found at the local Dollar Store. It isn't as thick as butcher's paper, but that is really why I chose it, as well as it had a bit of a sheen to it. 

Below... I started out by using acrylic paint... my designs were created by applying the paint in droplets... I then "smeared" the drops using an old credit card in different directions & patterns.




Below... Next, I added some ink stamping... I used stamps that I had "hand carved" out of erasers... the perfect way to put your own unique "stamp" on each piece! (I couldn't resist!)


Below... Voila, here are my wrapping papers in use... one thing that I know for sure, it truly is "the ART thought that counts"!!


 Once again, thanks for stopping by...
Until next time, Blessings to all!

 

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous dahling! If I had the time, I would love to roll out a big thing of paper and just art all over it! That would be a great art day get together!

    ReplyDelete