Saturday, October 17, 2015

Tag, you're it... catch me if you can!

Just a quickie Show & Tell for today... it's been awhile since I signed up for a  swap on AFA requiring the work to be HD/HP (hand drawn/hand painted), my focus has been elsewhere on a variety of 3-D projects. I came across the notice for a "Tag Swap" that was starting, it caught my attention immediately and I just couldn't resist! It took me a bit more time to shift gears back to a flat piece of paper than usual, I think my muse went on a holiday... luckily, I managed to track her down and finally found some inspiration to begin! 

Below is a photo of my finished tags... I chose to use a solid black tag in hopes of creating a stark contrast to the vibrant colors of the drawings and multi colored ribbons... I am very happy with the end results, I hope you'll agree. 

(I just hope that someday I will figure out how to take a photo that does artwork justice!)
 
Fish gotta swim, Birds gotta fly, Cats gotta control & Lizards are just cool!!

Thanks for stopping by...
Happy ARTing & Blessings to you all!

8 comments:

  1. They are beautiful M'dear! I know whatcha mean with the switching from 3D to flat. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mel, I do always appreciate your support & checking out my latest!!

      Delete
  2. They're very colourful....what medium did you use to draw and colour? I love the finished effect.
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use Jacquard Dyes for that vibrant color, I love them... Thanks for taking the time to comment!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome colours, how do you mix the dyes? and do you think I could use other dyes, too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dyes are liquid so I just use them directly & handle as you would watercolors... I' m sure other dyes could work but I love Jacquards!! TY for taking the time to stop by !!

      Delete