Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Come Out, Come Out, Wherever you are!!

I realize that Valentine's Day has come and gone but I hope you'll bear with me as I present today's Show and Tell... For the month of February I set out to create a special piece of mail art that I would send to my partner on the Envie Addicts Unite! thread at ATC's for All. This special mailing was affectionately dubbed Weirdy Mail, it was created to be a fun way to shake things up by setting aside our usual envelope swap and instead sending an unusual work of art or object through the mail. These items were intended to be sent naked, which means without packaging or boxes for all to see and enjoy the ART as it traveled to it's final destination!! The first hurdle was getting past our local postal workers, many of us had encountered some raised eyebrows and a multitude of questions but in the end I believe everyone has been successful with the post office accepting our items. Before I even created my project I talked to my local post master to find out if I would have any problems and was assured that I could go ahead with no restrictions! When my project was completed and the time had come to mail my Weirdy Mail to my partner I excitedly went to the post office to send it off. Everything went without a hitch, the appropriate amount of stamps were applied and it's journey had begun... I was told that it would probably take 3 or 4 days to arrive since we are both on the west coast. I anxiously awaited a response from my partner but the days keep ticking away... it is nowhere in sight... 14 days and counting!! No ransom notes or phone calls... my Weirdy is MIA!!! My post office friends just smile and say "hmmm, that's odd, it should be there...have a nice day."  It's obvious that they are not artists or they would be calling for an investigation!! 

Sooo, since I couldn't figure out who to contact to get my missing child's photo on the side of a milk carton or to report an official amber alert, I've decided to go ahead and share it's photos with you!! If anyone recognizes it or knows the whereabouts of my Weirdy, there is a reward for it's safe return!! (No questions asked!!)

Weirdy Heart - front view - paper mache, tissue paper, acrylics & markers
Weirdy Heart - back view - w/ built in envelope & card
Accordion Flag Card - open view ( I shared this in a previous post)

 Thanks for stopping by...until next time, Ciao!!

1 comment: