Sunday, August 10, 2014

Look closely... Live Inspired!

Looking back at all the times I've said "I need to find inspiration to create", I realize now that more often than not inspiration has actually found me. Our everyday lives are filled with so many wondrous things.  If we aren't careful, we will just take it all for granted and look past the beauty that surrounds us.

In an effort to try taking "better care of myself", I joined a water aerobics class at our local indoor swimming pool. I chose this over other activities because I do actually love the water, so it seemed to be the lesser of all the evils called "exercise!" (I promise to not go into a tirade about the E-word!!!) I always go a bit early to loosen up and float around in the quiet of the morning before the rest of the group arrives (and the chatter takes over!). A few days ago the water seemed to be somewhat chilly. I started floating around chasing down the Sun as it shined through the large windows and reflected on the surface of the water. Before I knew it, inspiration came my way! The motion of the water rippling through the sunshine created patterns of colored light beyond anything that I could have imagined on my own. I was mesmerized, all the while causing the water to continue moving at different speeds so that I could experience more of this light show dancing on the swimming pool floor! Eventually I became aware that the chatter had started and the class was ready to begin. I moved into place and the counting began...1, 2, 3, etc.

I was determined to put my "water vision" down on paper... of course it would be my interpretation of what I experienced and in my own unique style!! I would love to see what other artists would create after a morning swim with the Sun!!


Below are a couple of different interpretations in my new series 
that I've titled... Water n' Light

Shining through the Ripples

Prism Threads

No comments:

Post a Comment