Thursday, July 31, 2014

Stamp It...try it, you'll like it!!

Just thought I'd have a little creative show and tell today... as I've mentioned previously, I frequently trade art cards with fellow artists. Working in such a small format can be a bit challenging but totally doable. ATC's are a perfect size for experimenting with different mediums and techniques. Recently, I made some hand carved stamps to see what I could come up with. I carved them out of inexpensive "erasers" using an Exacto knife. You can get some very interesting shapes that can be used individually or in conjunction with others. I personally like to use repeated images in different colors and finish the compositions off with ink drawings. If you like printmaking or abstract art, this is a very easy and satisfying way to start creating. The tools and supplies needed are minimal; all you need to start are some erasers (they can even be found at the local dollar store), a knife of some kind (small enough to carve shapes), an ink pad or acrylic paint (try a few different colors) and finally, some type of paper (a heavyweight paper works best, I like to use Bristol). 

Next step is easy...have fun!! Happy Creating!!

Below are some examples, I hope they inspire you to give it a try.







1 comment:

  1. I have heard of this before but now that I have seen the results ...... I think I will try this out

    ReplyDelete